NEW: PacketManipulator 0.3 released - including Windows Installer
Please use windows xp installer (it works with Windows XP and 7 too)
PacketManipulator is a network scanning frontend.
PacketManipulator is developed in the Python programming language, and its interface is built with the GTK Toolkit.
The project goal is to develop a frontend that is really useful for advanced users and easy to be used by newbies. With PacketManipulator, network admin can forge custom packets and send them over the wire to analyze the network, sniff on a selected interface or simply edit a pcap file for further replay.
PacketManipulator is developed and maintained by:
- Francesco Piccinno (stack dot box at gmail dot com)
PacketManipulator is available for multiple platforms. It has been (successfully?) tested on the following platforms/flavors:
- ArchLinux (we provide a simple PKGBUILD in the svn and we'll post to AUR when a stable release will be published)
- Gentoo Linux
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 7
Packet Manipulator 0.3 is the unstable release:
Packet Manipulator 0.2 is the stable release:
The windows installer should be compatible with Windows Vista, but there's a bug in installer that prevents PM working (See ticket #312).
Note that you should be Administrator to use PM with fully functionality under this OS, so make sure to right click on the shortcut and select "Run as Administrator".
- 16a08e2dc90fe642c9ed481325b3cf97 - PacketManipulator-0.2.tar.bz2
- b71c54fb8551041faa429fb0c21c36bc - PacketManipulator-0.2.exe
To view the PacketManipulator activity you could visit this page.
You could also download the latest tarball from here.
Use the distutils compatible setup.py file provided to produce a source tarball and then use it:
$ svn co http://svn.umitproject.org/svnroot/umit/packet-manipulator/trunk PacketManipulator $ cd PacketManipulator $ python setup.py sdist $ ls dist/PacketManipulator-0.3.tar.gz dist/PacketManipulator-0.3.tar.gz $ cd dist/ && mkdir temp && cd temp/ $ tar xvfz ../PacketManipulator-0.3.tar.gz # python setup.py install --prefix=/usr
If you want to enable the moo docking library try with:
# PM_DOCKING=1 python setup.py install --prefix=/usr
As usual Windows deserves a different method for installation. Please follow the instructions present in PacketManipulator/WindowsInstallation page of this wiki (if you are masochist enough to use Windows to run PacketManipulator of course).
Google Summer of Code 2009
Google Summer of Code 2008
Adriano Monteiro Marques was mentoring these projects.
Francesco Piccinno created these projects.
- plotting.png (119.9 kB) - added by nopper 5 years ago.
- win32-dialog.png (63.2 kB) - added by nopper 5 years ago.
- win32-sniff.png (50.8 kB) - added by nopper 5 years ago.
- PacketManipulator-0.2-RC1.tar.gz (226.3 kB) - added by nopper 5 years ago.
- PacketManipulator-0.2-RC2.tar.bz2 (203.1 kB) - added by nopper 4 years ago.
(14.3 MB) - added by luis
4 years ago.
made by Luis
- PacketManipulator-0.2.exe (9.7 MB) - added by nopper 4 years ago.
- PacketManipulator-0.2.tar.bz2 (203.8 kB) - added by luis 4 years ago.
(13.2 MB) - added by nopper
2 years ago.
(11.9 MB) - added by nopper
2 years ago.
Windows XP installer 0.3