|Version 3 (modified by luis, 3 years ago)|
NOTE: This page is under construction
Umit Summer of Code is our own parallel program to Google Summer of Code. The goal is to have those great projects and students working with us during this summer to create some high quality open source software.
Unfortunatelly, we don't have any budget to afford the same stippend the Google Summer of Code students will receive from Google. But, we can offer a lot of benefits for all of those who wants to volunteers for our Umit Summer of Code.
- A mentor assigned to conduct and help you throughtout your project. That's the best way to get into Open Source for real, and receive tips and guidelines from folks who already develop successful Open Source software. You're not going to find that experience in any how-to or tutorial in the internet.
- Your project and your name spreaded along with Umit. Whenever Umit goes, your name and project will go also.
- Boost your resume. That's something that you can definetly mention in your resume, and will certainly boost it.
- Experience. You'll get development experience that you'll hardly have somewhere else. You'll face issues on several topics, and will have to provide a high quality software to wide range of users world wide.
- Google T-Shirt. One of the most important parts ;-). You'll receive a Google T-Shirt after USoC for your participation and success.
- Certificate. We'll provide you with an official Umit Project participation certificate, which may even include hours if you think that may help you with your university.
- Credits. We'll mention your work and name along with all announcements we'll do for our sponsored students.
- Recommendation letter. Through your work, we'll get to know you and we'll certainly be pleased to write you a recomendation letter for whatever purpose you may need. Some students have already benefited from our recomendation letters.
We'll follow the Google's Summer of Code rules and timeline. All volunteers are subject to the same rules as the sponsored students will face. This is important to provide you the same experience the sponsored students will have.
Since last year experience we improved the USoC to keep motivated the students. The whole idea is integrate students with community developing light features/enhancements in our software set.
Start Date: 15 June
End Date: 10 September
# Umit Network Scanner
|Improve scheduling in Network Invetory (Cronjob syntax is not easier for casual user)||not defined yet|
|....||not defined yet|
|Umit Bluetooth Scanning refactoring||not defined yet|
|Umit Bluetooth Scanning improvements||not defined yet|
|Umit Bluetooth Scanning integration||not defined yet|
|lsof plugin||not defined yet|
|Improve Plot status||not defined yet|
|Integrate Message Sequence Chart into trunk||not defined yet|
|filtering mode||not defined yet|
|Sniffing Integration and Improvements||not defined yet|
# UMPA -
Want to apply? Send us an e-mail at our umit-devel mailing list.
Further information ask: irc://#firstname.lastname@example.org